Visit with Ryan Frank to the Wassaic Project, CR10 in Hudson, and the Granary, housing the collection of Raymond Learsy and Melva Bucksbaum
1. Carmen Osterlye in “Homeward Found” at the Wassaic Project, used time lapse photography of flowers living and dying and projection mapping to create this installation
2. Rachel Barrett, series of photographs of rural communities. This one focuses on Wassaic.
3. Lisa Fairstein, confetti. Need I say more.
4. Alex McKenzie, a project where the artist drove from Charlotte NC to Wassaic and recorded the radio as it was tuned to only one frequency. Sound piece accompanied by maps and photos.
5. Ryan Frank, our gracious host, outside of CR10, a gallery and performance space founded and directed by Francine Hunter McGivern in Hudson, NY.
6. Overview of upstairs space at CR 10, exhibition “Heavy Equipment”.
7. Ryan Frank’s works installed at CR10, boxes in the “Handmade Frames” series.
8. Richard Humann “The Same River Twice” 32-foot map of Hudson River filled with tiny pieces of paper of words from books that inspired the artist in his youth living along the river.
9. Susan Wides, “Fresh Kills” (the landfill on Staten Island, presumably.
10. John Cleater, “Thingoscope.” Live feed of the upstairs space (where Evan was) with animation superimposed.